Sunday, August 21, 2011

Let me not loose the chance to prove...

    I very nearly didn't write a thing here, simply because I felt like I had nothing at all to share. This week has been a particularly challenging one for me.  I've been struggling with my health, again, and though that's nothing new to me, for some reason it's been particularly stretching this time around.  I don't like feeling weak; I don't like doing stupid things because I'm just too tired; I don't like forgetting really important things.  I simply cannot stand the feeling of being rather helpless and out-of-control of my body.  I'm not even going to pretend that it doesn't really frustrate me at times.  It's discouraging.  I like to be in control.
    But the Lord has really been challenging me on that one.  Do I walk in the joy of the Lord only when my feelings keep up?  Or do I rejoice just because He is, regardless of circumstance?  I've been finding joyful release in looking to Jesus through physical trial.
    So I thought I'd share the single poem that has encouraged my heart these days.  It's been special to me for years, but has held special meaning in some of the physical trials I've walked through.  And it's my heart not to loose this chance to prove the fullness of enabling love.  
 
"Before the winds that blow do cease,
Teach me to dwell within Thy calm;
Before the pain has passed in peace,
Give me, my God, to sing a psalm.
Let me not lose the chance to prove
The fullness of enabling love.
O Love of God, do this for me:
Maintain a constant victory.

Before I leave the desert land
For meadows of immortal flowers,
Lead me where streams at Thy command
Flow by the borders of the hours,
That when the thirsty come, I may
Show them the fountains in the way.
O Love of God, do this for me:
Maintain a constant victory."  ~Amy Carmichael


 

No comments:

Post a Comment